This course is for registered physiotherapists who work with individual athletes or teams in which upper limb injury is common. The focus of the course is on pathomechanics, diagnosis and advanced rehabilitation of upper limb conditions and kinetic chain deficits as they relate to injury prevention and performance.
By the end of the course you will understand the pathoaetiology of common upper limb injuries, be able to perform key clinical and functional tests, rehabilitate upper limb injury in a number of sporting contexts including swimming, throwing, racket and contact sports, and develop individualised return-to-sport programmes.
SEPNZ members: $450 (to receive the SEPNZ member price, please use the discount code provided).
PNZ members: $520
Non-PNZ members $650.
Saturday 23 February 2019
9:00am – 5:00pm
Sunday 24 February 2019
9:00am – 4.00pm
Please ensure your dietary requirements are updated here.
Click for Google map
The course will cover
- Pathomechanics of upper limb injury in collision sports, swimming, throwing & racquet sports
- Performance-related functional tests for the upper limb
- Diagnostic tests and imaging investigations for common sporting pathologies of the upper limb
- Design and implementation of rehabilitation programmes and processes
- Integration with coaching and biomechanics for technique modifications
- Return-to-sport decision planning and processes
- Injury prevention including conditioning, pacing and workload management
Dr Angela Cadogan - Physiotherapy Specialist (Musculoskeletal)
Mandy Gumbly - Registered Hand Therapist
Terms and Conditions
- Registration is secured by payment on a first come first served basis and is strictly limited to the first 26 participants from whom payment is received.
- Registrants will be notified as soon as minimum number achieved for course to proceed.
- The organisers reserve the right to cancel the course if insufficient registrations received by Saturday 16 February 2019.
- A cancellation fee of $30 applies for any applicant. A full refund (minus the cancellation fee) will be provided up to two weeks before the course date. Following that we regret that no refund will be given