Specialist Cover Assessor - Lower Hutt or Dunedin
- Are you an experienced registered health professional looking for a change in your career?
- Dunedin or Lower Hutt location, this is your chance to leave shift work behind and work in an awesome office environment from Monday to Friday?
- Do you want an opportunity to use your clinical knowledge in a new way?
Do you enjoy problem solving, assessing clinical information, making decisions and communicating with clients?
If you've answered yes, then this could be the role for you!
The Specialist Cover Assessor role will play an important role in assessing clinical information and making decisions on ACC claims where the injury may have been caused by treatment. The role is office based and communication with external stakeholders is largely phone based.
Your broad base of clinical knowledge, ability to interpret legislation, medical records and clinical data into meaningful information will be vital to this role. You will not be left to your own devices but will be fully supported by a team of like-minded clinical professionals as well as having access to legal and medical advisors.
So, what experience is essential for the Specialist Cover Assessor role?
You will need to be confident working remotely away from the Manager and team, work well in a busy environment, have resilience, good organisational skills, professional judgement, computer literate and have:
- A recognised clinical qualification in a relevant clinical field - please state what clinical field it is (e.g. Nursing, Physiotherapy, Midwifery, Pharmaceuticals, etc.)
- A minimum of five years' post-graduate clinical experience as a practitioner dealing with the public
- A current Annual Practising Certificate
The indicative starting salary for this role will be $78,468. This is exclusive of ACC's 9% superannuation contribution which would bring the total starting package to $85,530.
At ACC, we recognise that diversity, inclusion and accessibility is important to our business. We embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our current and future employees, which will help us continue to drive innovation and achieve our business goals. Our culture enables us to create an environment of involvement, respect and connection with the communities where we work - benefitting individual employees and all our clients across New Zealand.
Applications will run through to Tuesday, 20 August 2019 but please note that if an ideal candidate is found during this time we will move forward with screening and interviewing sooner.
Applications will only be accepted when formally submitted through our ACC Career Website. If you have any queries email our Talent Acquisition Consultant - Nadine.O'Donnell@acc.co.nz
Job Closes: 12:00 AM, 20 August 2019Apply now