Physiotherapist - ICHRs
Location: Hutt Hospital
Contract: Permanent - part time
Hours: 20 per week (0.5 FTE)
About the role
In April 2020 the new IHCRS team will bring Community Allied health, Early Supported Discharge and Community Older Persons and Rehabilitation together into one service.
We will be an interdisciplinary team, offering a range of different intervention streams including the following:
- Early supported discharge and rapid response to prevent avoidable admissions
- Comprehensive geriatric assessment
- Outcome focused inter-disciplinary rehabilitation
- Assessment and appropriate support for people with disabilities, long-term conditions and life limiting illnesses
- Brief, single discipline interventions where this will effectively meet the needs of clients
- Consultancy and support to colleagues in the Residential Care sector, Home and Community Support Services, Primary care and other community agencies
The caseload for the Physiotherapist in this position will include rehabilitation with people post stroke and with other neurological conditions. There will also be work with older adults with more complex health conditions and, in future, injury related rehabilitation.
Experienced clinicians form a core component of our Community team and are crucial to maintaining a supportive, enthusiastic and professional environment within the team. There would be the expectation of involvement in quality improvement work, both at a team and wider service level.
As the successful candidate you will be required to be an NZ Registered Physiotherapist with a current APC, driver's licence and have experience in working with acquired health conditions. You will have excellent communication and time-management skills, enjoy working within a team, and be able to develop positive relationships with a variety of hospital based and primary care professionals.
In return we provide an exciting and dynamic multi-disciplinary team environment, a diverse and rewarding caseload, regular clinical supervision and continuing professional development opportunities.
How to apply
Please complete an online HVDHB application form by here. You can also apply now and see a copy of the job description through our careers website: www.healthyjobs.co.nz Please note: We are unable to accept applications via email.
For further information on this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the vacancy number 113058-20 and job title in the subject line.
Job Closes: 4:49 PM, 24 April 2020Apply now