Operations Manager - Northland
Our client's primary function within the Healthcare Sector is to provide Vocational Rehabilitation Services to their clients, Northland wide. This role is new to the business, and has been created to bridge a gap within the team infrastructure that has developed over a period of growth.
Therefore, we would love to invite an Operations Manager to join our passionate and supportive management team.
If you are a positive and proactive clinical leader, who can motivate and inspire people - read on...
You'll take the lead on developing our client's team and services in Northland. As an Operations Manager, we can promise it'll be a varied role, no day will be the same and you'll thrive in a dynamic environment where you need to think on your feet and take action.
You'll be a valued consultant in the development of our client's business plans and be given the support and guidance to put those plans in action.
Our client's people are important to them, so your leadership skills are paramount to positively influence and maintain a great performing team with a fun and supportive culture.
The role will include some rehabilitation work so you'll get to do some of the case work you love.
Based in Whangarei, you'll be close to home, minimal travel with the flexibility to work from home and you'll receive support for continual professional development.
What you'll get to sink your teeth in to...
- Managing the end-to-end service delivery and quality of our services including management, guidance and support of our clinical and support team to meet our contractual obligations.
- Managing the recruitment process and induction of new clinical and support staff as well as ongoing mentoring, development and training
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and quality of service delivery, implement changes and / or new services
- Manage contracts, contractual obligations and relationships with contractors and third party providers
- Maintain a clinical case load to ensure skills remain current
What you need to bring to the table...
- A minimum of 5 years' experience within a rehabilitation role
- Relevant post-graduate qualifications e.g. Vocational rehabilitation, business management/leadership etc (or working towards)
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a management or supervisory role
- A current annual practicing certificate and current memberships with relevant professional bodies
- A full, clean NZ Driver' License
- Outstanding communication - written and verbal
- Be an action-taker with a positive, can-do attitude, strong teamwork, happy to get hands-on and able to have some fun!
The icing on top:
- Attractive and competitive remuneration package
- Support with ongoing professional development
- Autonomous leadership position in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace
- Flexible working conditions
- Flexible hours
- Minimal travel
- Be part of a passionate, supportive multi-disciplinary team
Is this you? Then apply online or email email@example.com with your resume and a 3 - 5 minute introductory video explaining why you would be a great fit for this role.
If you have any questions relating to this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to chat. All conversation will remain strictly confidential.
Job Closes: 10:55 AM, 21 June 2020Apply now