Physiotherapist - Early Discharge Rehabilitation Service
Early Discharge Rehabilitation Service, Dunedin Hospital
Salary band - $59,035 - $85,992 p.a pro rata, plus Kiwisaver, plus discounted health insurance
- Permanent vacancy, 32 hours per week (0.8 FTE)
- Competitive salary, plus discounted health insurance, plus subsidised gym
- Limitless potential for career advancement and growth
Mō te tūranga - About the role:
- Facilitate appropriate and high quality physiotherapy management of inpatients, outpatients, and community patients where designated
- Be evidence/best practice focused on service delivery, be motivated, and have a commitment to directing professional development and personal growth
- Work actively and co-operatively in an inter-professional team and liaise appropriately with relevant health care professionals
- Prescribe mobility aids and equipment (including wheelchairs) within the parameters of departmental provision guidelines, and complete Equipment Management Service processes in a timely manner
- Prepare progress and discharge reports to meet service and ACC requirements
Mōu ake - About you
Ideally you will bring to us a minimum of two years physiotherapy experience that preferably includes working in a community setting with patients with stroke and other neurological conditions.
To be successful in this position, you will also need to demonstrate the following:
- Strong understanding of optimising patient outcomes and facilitating effective rehabilitation in the community
- A patient centred and evidence-based approach to goal setting and intervention
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to commit to our team and patients
- Be a New Zealand registered Physiotherapist with a current annual practising certificate
You will be expected to be active in-service quality initiatives, therefore be proactive, innovative and have a quality driven leadership approach.
Painga - Benefits:
- Beautiful coastlines and a family-friendly community
- Continuous support for career development
- Subsidised gym membership and discounted health insurance
- Access to staff fitness facilities and banking offers
- Access to a range of retail discounts and Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Mō mātou - About us
Te Whatu Ora - Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui - Salary range
This role belongs to the PSA Allied, Public Health, Scientific and Technical Multi-Employer Collective Agreement and falls between the Step 1 ($59,035 p.a) and Step 8 ($85,992 p.a pro rata) of the of the Degree-based Allied, Public Health and Technical Pay Scale.
Rā mōnehu - Closing date: Saturday, 22 october 2022.
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei - Apply now
For further information please contact James Boyd, email James.Boyd@southerndhb.govt.nz
All conversations will be confidential in nature.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to the following:
- Occupational health assessment
- Police vetting/Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
Covid vaccination requirements
Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Te Whatu Ora Southern you will be required to be fully vaccinated and have received a booster vaccine against COVID-19. You will need to provide proof of this to Occupational Health staff.
We only accept online applications. Please apply via our website: https://careers.southernhealth.nz/job/Physiotherapist-Early-Discharge-Rehabilitation-Service/775279110/
Job Closes: 11:59 PM, 22 October 2022Contact