As many PNZ members will be aware, the Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand (the Physiotherapy Board) is consulting on a proposed new Advanced Practice Scope of Practice: Physiotherapist.
The purpose of this consultation (as stated on the Physiotherapy Board website) is to seek feedback on:
- a proposed Advanced Practice Scope of Practice: Physiotherapist
- the title of the proposed Advanced Practice Physiotherapist (APP)
- the qualification and experience criteria necessary for the proposed APP scope of practice
- the proposed revised:
- General Scope of Practice: Physiotherapist
- Specialist Scope of Practice: Physiotherapist
- the protection for the health and safety of members of the public that would result from the proposed APP Scope of Practice.
With the consultation closing on 13 February 2020, PNZ has made a submission following input from the PNZ Executive, Chairs of Tae Ora Tinana and Professional Development Committee.
Please read the PNZ submission here. We will update members with any information from the Physiotherapy Board on this submission and the outcome of the consultation as it becomes available.
Page updated February 2020