Clinical Team Leader - Physiotherapy
- Two full-time opportunities within our Musculoskeletal and Cardiorespiratory teams
- Develop and use leadership skills in a health system undergoing rapid transformation
- Registration with the New Zealand Physiotherapy Board along with demonstrated clinical experience in an acute tertiary care setting is essential
Our purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you're part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The team: What we do
We are looking for two experienced Physiotherapists to co-ordinate and provide leadership for our Cardiorespiratory and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy teams on the Christchurch Hospital combined campus site:
- Our Musculoskeletal team works with patients across Acute Orthopaedics, Orthopaedic Trauma, Burns and Plastics, ENT, ED, Orthopaedic Outpatients and Hand Therapy Outpatients. This team leader position is permanent full-time working 40hrs per week
- Our Cardiorespiratory team works with patients across Intensive Care, General Surgery, Medical Respiratory, Cardiology (inpatients and outpatients), Respiratory Outpatients, Cardiothoracics, Vascular and the Surgical Progressive Care Unit. This is a fixed-term team leader position working 40hr per week until approximately March 2021
Your skills will ensure the ongoing ability of these services to provide optimal care in a fast paced, tertiary care environment. Regular professional development opportunities and relevant course attendance is supported. Annual Practicing Certification (APC) is reimbursed, as is a large contribution towards PNZ membership.
The role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- The daily coordination and operational management of both rotational, non-rotational staff and students
- Ensuring that professional development and supervisory needs of the team are met
- Supporting and directing the Physiotherapy Service on Christchurch Hospital Campus alongside the Clinical Manager and the leadership team
- Carrying a clinical caseload across the inpatient's wards, undertaking expert assessments, completing appropriate interventions and providing advice or referring to other services
Your skills will include the following:
- A broad range of experience in the acute inpatient setting, ideally including respiratory skills
- Demonstrated experience working with staff and patients from a wide variety of backgrounds
- The ability to work collaborative and contribute at a multidisciplinary leave on quality and service committees
- Previous experience in leadership roles is preferred
- Registration with the NZ Physiotherapy Board and current Annual Practicing Certificate is essential
Our culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What's important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on email@example.com for additional information.
Job Closes: 11:59 PM, 29 March 2020Apply now