Physiotherapist - Pain Management Centre
- Permanent full-time opportunity (40hr per week) based at Burwood Hospital Campus
- Work within a cohesive team of multidisciplinary healthcare professionals and develop your existing skill in pain management!
- Registration with the NZ Physiotherapy Board and current Annual Practicing Certificate is essential
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you're part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
The Pain Management Centre at Burwood Hospital is a tertiary service looking for an NZ Registered Physiotherapist who is motivated by challenging and fascinating work with complex patients suffering chronic pain.
We work within a large interdisciplinary team of doctors (interventionists/non-interventionists), Clinical Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, Nurses and Social Workers. Staff complete Comprehensive Pain Assessments and treat patients through individual plans within the team or single discipline. Group programmes are also offered by the service.
Success results from consistent messages about the multifactorial nature of chronic pain - biopsychosocial, neuromatrix and neuroplasticity, etc. Physiotherapists focus on addressing pain beliefs and fear avoidance, enabling reengagement in life and productive activity.
This is a permanent full-time (40hr per week) opportunity working Monday - Friday 0800 - 1630. There is also the requirement to participate in an after hours and weekend roster.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- providing comprehensive assessment, evaluations and treatments in accordance with policies, procedures and standards of practice
- ensuring appropriate documentation and patient records are updated and maintained
- contributing to quality service provision within the OPH&R team.
Your skills will include:
- excellent time management and communication skills with the ability to work independently
- proven experience in Pain Management is essential
- registration with the NZ Physiotherapy Board is essential, as is current Annual Practicing Certificate.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What's important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Job Closes: 11:59 PM, 12 November 2020Apply now