- Casual opportunity available
- Provide comprehensive assessment, evaluations and treatments within our Older Person's Health and Rehabilitation teams
- Registration with the New Zealand Physiotherapy Board and current APC is essential
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you're part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Our team at Burwood Hospital is looking for a NZ registered Physiotherapist to join our team of enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated multidisciplinary professionals!
This is a casual opportunity where you will be working in our Older Person's Health and Rehabilitation Inpatient wards.
Hours will vary however they'll be within Monday - Friday 0800-1630.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Assessment and treatment of OPHR inpatients with appropriate goal setting and outcome measures
- Ensuring appropriate documentation and patient records are updated and maintained
- Liaising with all appropriate health professionals and other agencies to ensure we achieve the best outcomes for our patients
- Providing education for the families/whanau and carers of our patients as necessary
- Maintaining open communication with your Team Leader and Clinical manager
Your skills will include the following:
- Excellent time management and communication skills with the ability to work independently
- Proven experience as a Registered Physiotherapist with the New Zealand Physiotherapy Board, and a current annual practising certificate
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What's important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here
Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on email@example.com for additional information.
Job Closes: 12:00 AM, 2 December 2021Apply now