Terms and Conditions
Physiotherapy New Zealand (PNZ) membership terms and conditions
- PNZ membership is for individuals registered under the HPCA Act, whether practising or not. Each member, whether a renewing or new member, must complete an online membership application form agreeing to a number of statements, including but not limited to, those indicating they will abide by the PNZ Rules, PNZ Membership Policy and Physiotherapy Standards Framework.
- Membership fees are due on application. An application will not be processed until payment has been made, unless prior approval has been granted.
- Membership is for the membership year (1 January to 31 December).
- If a membership remains unpaid for more than 30 days, or has not been renewed by 28 February the following year it will then lapse and you will no longer be a PNZ member, this applies to all member statuses.
- You may resign your PNZ membership at any time in writing by email. In the event of resignation there will be no refunds provided for your annual subscription fees or Insurance premiums.
- Membership of Physiotherapy New Zealand is an annual membership and therefore no membership refunds are made throughout the year unless under extraordinary circumstances. Applications for such refunds must be made in writing to Physiotherapy New Zealand and all applications will be considered on a case by case basis. The decision made by Physiotherapy New Zealand will be final. Any refund of membership fees may incur an administrative fee which will be deducted before membership fees are refunded.
- Insurance cover can only be purchased in conjunction with a membership subscription.
- It is your responsibility to maintain your membership contact details, employment information and preferences.
When you provide personal information (e.g. through our membership area) we will use this information for the stated purpose and will not disclose the information with any third parties.
When you visit our site we collect statistical information about your visit. This information is used to help us improve the site and for no other purpose. Information about your visit is combined with the data from all our visitors and is anonymous.
Terms of Acceptance of Advertising Copy
The Advertiser warrants and undertakes to the Publisher that no statement, representation or information contained in the supplied advertisement:
a) is or is likely to be misleading or deceptive or to otherwise infringe the Fair Trading Act, 1987; or
b) is at all defamatory, in breach of copyright, trademark or other intellectual or industrial property right; or
c) is otherwise in breach of any provision of any Statute Regulation or rule of law.
The advertisement must also:
a) Be of value to Physiotherapy New Zealand members
b) In accordance with the Medicines Act 1981 sections 57-59. In summary these sections state you cannot make a therapeutic claim in your advertisement unless you have consent or evidence to the standard a medicine requires for consent.
c) Comply with the Advertising Standards Authority code of Ethics and Therapeutic and Health Advertising, including claiming to cure or relieve or manage something. The advertisement needs to be about offering the service and list suitable conditions in which physiotherapy may be helpful.
The Advertiser acknowledges that Physiotherapy New Zealand relies on the provisions of this Clause in accepting the advertisement for production. The Advertiser hereby agrees to indemnify Physiotherapy New Zealand against all losses or costs, legal or otherwise, arising as a result of the publication of the advertisement.
It is also asked that advertising adheres to the Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand’s Physiotherapy Standards Framework, including the Advertising Standard.
Online advertisements including job listings, business listings and course listings can be purchased through pnz.org.nz. Once payment for an online advertisement is complete the advertiser will be contacted by PNZ Office to provide details of their listing. Any online advertisement for which listing details are not received by PNZ Office within three weeks of purchase will be refunded.
Registration Cancellations and Refunds Policy
- Cancellations must be notified in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A full refund, less an administration charge of 10%, will be given for cancellations received in writing four weeks prior to the event. A 50% refund will be given for cancellations received two weeks prior to the event.
- Regrettably, for cancellations received less than two weeks prior to the event, with no possible substitute attendee, no refund will be made and full payment for any outstanding invoices is required.
- In the unlikely event that the organisers cancel the event or by any reason of any factor outside the control of the organisers the event cannot take place, the amount of the Registration Fee (less any administrative costs) will be refunded.
- The liability of the organisers shall be limited to that refund and they will not be liable for any other loss, cost or expense, however caused, incurred or arising. In particular, the organisers shall not be liable to refund any travel or hotel costs incurred by delegates or their organisations.
- It follows that delegates and accompanying partners are advised to take out comprehensive insurance, including travel insurance.
- Where an event may be postponed and the option of re-attending is not suitable, a cancellation can be made by writing to the conference organiser and on acceptance; there would be a return of paid fees less 10% for administration costs
- All refunds will be processed after the event within 10 working days from approval.
- There will be no refunds for any booked delegate who does not attend on the day.
- Please note this is the standard Physiotherapy New Zealand (PNZ) event cancellation policy and is superseded by any cancellation policy for events hosted by an individual Branch, SIG or other group of PNZ.
The content of the Physiotherapy New Zealand website is not intended as a substitute for care from a physiotherapist or other health care professional. If you experience signs or symptoms of injury, disease or illness you should seek the advice of a physiotherapist or other health care professional.
Physiotherapy New Zealand has no control over the content or condition of any external sites linked to this site. These links are provided for the convenience of users but they do not imply any endorsement of any organisation, product, or service.
Advertisements appearing do not necessarily represent an endorsement.
The Physiotherapy New Zealand logo (IP Number 824762), Physiotherapy New Zealand "P" (IP Number 824761) and MOVEMENT FOR LIFE (IP Number 824760) are registered trade marks. Current PNZ members are welcome to use the Physiotherapy New Zealand logo. For any other use of these trade marks please contact email@example.com.
The material on this website may not be reproduced or distributed, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Physiotherapy New Zealand.