Terms and Conditions
Physiotherapy New Zealand (PNZ) membership terms and conditions
- PNZ membership is for individuals registered under the HPCA Act, whether practising or not. Each member, whether a renewing or new member, must complete an online membership application form agreeing to a number of statements, including but not limited to, abide by the PNZ Code of Ethics and the PNZ Rules.
- Membership fees are due on application. An application will not be processed until payment has been made, unless prior approval has been granted.
- Membership is for the membership year (1 January to 31 December).
- If a membership remains unpaid for more than 30 days, or has not been renewed by 28 February the following year it will then lapse and you will no longer be a PNZ member, this applies to all member statuses.
- You may resign your PNZ membership at any time in writing by email. In the event of resignation there will be no refunds provided for your annual subscription fees or PL Insurance premiums.
- Membership of Physiotherapy New Zealand is an annual membership and therefore no membership refunds are made throughout the year unless under extraordinary circumstances. Applications for such refunds must be made in writing to Physiotherapy New Zealand and all applications will be considered on a case by case basis. The decision made by the Chief Executive will be final. Any refund of membership fees may incur an administrative fee of $50.00 (inclusive of GST), which will be deducted before membership fees are refunded.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance can only be purchased in conjunction with a membership subscription.
- It is your responsibility to maintain you membership contact details, employment information and preferences.
When you provide personal information (e.g. through our membership area) we will use this information for the stated purpose and will not disclose the information with any third parties.
When you visit our site we collect statistical information about your visit. This information is used to help us improve the site and for no other purpose. Information about your visit is combined with the data from all our visitors and is anonymous.
Terms of Acceptance of Advertising Copy
The Advertiser warrants and undertakes to the Publisher that no statement, representation or information contained in the supplied advertisement:
a) is or is likely to be misleading or deceptive or to otherwise infringe the Fair Trading Act, 1987; or
b) is at all defamatory, in breach of copyright, trademark or other intellectual or industrial property right; or
c) is otherwise in breach of any provision of any Statute Regulation or rule of law.
The advertisement must also:
a) Be of value to Physiotherapy New Zealand members
b) In accordance with the Medicines Act 1981 sections 57-59. In summary these sections state you cannot make a therapeutic claim in your advertisement unless you have consent or evidence to the standard a medicine requires for consent.
c) Comply with the Advertising Standards Authority code of Ethics and Therapeutic and Health Advertising, including claiming to cure or relieve or manage something. The advertisement needs to be about offering the service and list suitable conditions in which physiotherapy may be helpful.
The Advertiser acknowledges that Physiotherapy New Zealand relies on the provisions of this Clause in accepting the advertisement for production. The Advertiser hereby agrees to indemnify Physiotherapy New Zealand against all losses or costs, legal or otherwise, arising as a result of the publication of the advertisement.
It is also asked that advertising adheres to the Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand’s Physiotherapy Standards Framework 2018, including the Advertising Standard.
The content of the Physiotherapy New Zealand website is not intended as a substitute for care from a physiotherapist or other health care professional. If you experience signs or symptoms of injury, disease or illness you should seek the advice of a physiotherapist or other health care professional.
Physiotherapy New Zealand has no control over the content or condition of any external sites linked to this site. These links are provided for the convenience of users but they do not imply any endorsement of any organisation, product, or service.
Advertisements appearing do not necessarily represent an endorsement.
The material on this website may not be reproduced or distributed, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Physiotherapy New Zealand.